The holidays are fast approaching and for some that is stressful. Office parties, hosting family, and buying gifts are all extra stress and can lead to burn out. Adding antioxidants to our lives this time of year can help our bodies deal with the physical and emotional inflammation, naturally.
Antioxidants are most commonly found in berries, like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Buying a frozen mix of organic berries provides variety and cost savings, since fresh berries can be quite pricey this time of year. I find the easiest way to slip these powerful anti-inflammatory foods into your daily routine is with a smoothie. In this case, a nourishing smoothies bowl.
This breakfast treat is a powerful combination of antioxidants, protein, fiber, and health fats. The addition of a scoop of Skinny Coconut Oil and flax seed helps you feel full longer, and balances the fruits sugar content.
Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
- 1/3 cup water or nut milk of choice
- 1 ½ bananas, frozen
- 1 cup of mixed berries, frozen
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed
- 1 scoop collagen powder
- 1 tablespoon of Skinny Coconut Oil
- 5 Ice cubes
- Add water to blender, along with bananas, berries, spinach, flax seed, collagen, coconut oil, and 5-6 ice cubes.
- Blend on high, using your blender stick to help the ingredients puree. Add more water if you would like it less thick and more of a smoothie consistency.
- Spoon into bowl. Top with your favorite nuts, granola, cacao nibs or coconut flakes.