I have personally been meditating for a couple months now for 10 minutes every morning and do it through one of the fastest growing apps called HeadSpace. It has become part of my routine and something that the mornings I don't make time to do it, I can certainly notice in my productivity and attentiveness throughout the day.
Here are some things I notice and I feel like you will too if you give it a try!
1. Gain Inner Peace
Are you aware of the 60,000 thoughts that are running through your head every day? Do you know what you are thinking of all the time? Do you have times where you are not sure of what you are thinking of or what you want? I have found that meditating helps to quite the insane amounts of thoughts we process every single day!
2. Makes You Grounded and Calmer
I personally get in my own head a lot. When I start the day meditating, I am calmer throughout the day and it helps me focus on what is important and what is not important.
3. Helps With Inspiration
Most of us are probably using only about 1% of our brain (I am at least). The remaining 99% of our intelligence resides in our subconscious mind. This 99%, and not the 1%, is where the most powerful ideas lie. This is where we get our inspiration, our greatest ideas, our best solutions to problems.
Headspace offers a 10-day free trial so you should certainly give it a try!
Let us know if you try it and what you think!