Caramelized sweet potatoes and red onion are the bed for chicken thighs that cook up fast in a very hot oven—perfect for a quick healthy chicken dinner. Serve with a mix green salad with an olive oil and lemon dressing.
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (we recommend Celtic sea salt)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper,
- 1½-2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
Preparation - Ready in 45min
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat
- Combine mustard, thyme, 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl; spread the mixture evenly on chicken.
- Toss sweet potatoes and onion in a bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the vegetables on it. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast, stirring the vegetables, occasionally until the vegetables are tender and instant-read thermometer inserted into a chicken thigh registers 165°F, 30 to 35 minutes.
Original recipe at eatingwell.com