Of all the flavors that exist, peppermint sits near the top in terms of popularity. Peppermint is in everything… From air fresheners, to chewing gum, lip balms, cleaning products, and Starbuck’s “Midnight Mint” Mocha, it’s literally everywhere.
At Skinny & Co. the goal is to create products that maximize health benefits by using the highest quality and effective ingredients possible. For Skinny Lip Balm and Oil Pull that meant finding the perfect mint that was both delicious and therapeutic.
Single-origin, Oregon peppermint
A product is only the sum of it’s ingredients, and you are what you eat… Skinny & Co. only uses the highest grade ingredients, like our Oregon peppermint oil…
Our special Willamette Valley peppermint (Mentha Piperita) is considered sweeter, less herbal, and is only available certain times of the year in the Pacific Northwest. Additionally, we go a little further and only buy peppermint oil distilled from the flowering buds, never lower quality mint leaves.
So take a leap into the loving arms of peppermint oil and try one of Skinny's ultra-premium products containing Willamette Valley Peppermint oil.
Effective Peppermint oil Uses
- Antiseptic and antimicrobial (for use on wounds and in oral hygiene routines)
- Allergy relief (place small amount near nostrils and inhale deeply)
- Treatment for IBS and gastric issues (encapsulated peppermint oil)
- Hair thickener (add to shampoo)
- Bug repellant (apply to skin in place of DEET)
- Calming effects (The Romans, Egyptians, and Hebrews all used peppermint for this reason)
- Full of Vitamin A, C, B2, Calcium, Copper, & Magnesium
- Mood lifter! Peppermint just seems to make people feel gooood
There are over 2600 published studies on the health benefits of peppermint oil and menthol (a component of peppermint).
Should you be using peppermint? Definitely…
Read more about why we also chose Holy Basil here.